Thermal insulation solutions for energy savings in buildings
AP Armaflex®, the original elastomeric closed-cell foam insulation, has been the chosen fiber-free mechanical insulation since its introduction in 1953. Superior condensation control and consistent thermal performance have made Armaflex the preferred insulating material for pipes and ductwork. Its long-lasting installation and performance has won it favor among contractors, engineers and end-users who understand its long-lasting value.
The closed-cell foam structure of Armaflex prevents moisture from wicking or transferring from the surface of the insulation to the surface of the pipe or duct.
This means that water won’t be trapped next to the metal, AP Coilflex causing corrosion and eventual damage to the system. Because of its non-permeable, close-cell foam structure, no additional vapor retarder is required to protect Armaflex insulation, saving the installer time and cladding material cost. Unlike fibrous insulation, which loses R-value when it becomes wet, Armaflex performance stays the same, regardless of punctures or exposure to moisture. Armaflex resists moisture, while fibrous insulations can get wet and then must be replaced.
- 25/50 flame and smoke rated up to 2”
- Meets the energy code requirements of ASHRAE 90.1, ASHRAE 90.2, International Energy Conservation Code (IECC) and other building codes
- Made without the use of CFCs, HFCs or HCFCs
- Formaldehyde free, low VOCs, fiber free, dust freeAP Armaflex on Pipes
- Made with Microban® antimicrobial product protection for added defense against mold on the insulation